Dear Gonzales community,
As we approach the Holiday Season, we are looking forward to celebrating with you at our upcoming events! Mark your calendars for Dec. 4th which will be our Holiday Lights celebration. As part of it we will also be asking interested organizations to be part of our first Christmas Tree Decorating contest that will be displayed along 4th St. If interested- scan the QR code or call City Hall to register your group/organization. Space is limited!
On Dec. 18th we will be hosting our Light Parade. Register online to participate.
Highlights for this week
COVID-19/ Vaccine Updates
- Gonzales RX Pharmacy will be hosting 2 vaccination clinics: 1 for children between the ages of 5-11 years of old and 1 for booster shots.
- For children between the ages of 5-11 yrs old the vaccination clinic will be on Thursday November 11 from 12:30PM-5:30PM
- Booster clinic will be on Wednesday November 10 from 12:30PM-5:30PM.
- Who is eligible: For individuals who received a Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, the following groups are eligible for a booster shot at 6 months or more after their initial series:
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
- Covid Testing Is Now Available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2-5:30PM at St. Theodore's Church. For more information please call 831-290-0039 between the hours of 8AM and 5PM.
- Visit this site www.mcvaccinate.com to find out about appointments or call 831-233-3447.
- If you are quarantined and in need of food and other resources, please email email@example.com or call 831-290-0044, or 831-272-4181.
- The Food Bank for Monterey County hosts food distributions every 3rd Thursday from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at Saint Theodore’s Church.
- Gonzales Community Food Pantry will be hosting a food distribution at 9AM on Friday (every 3rd and 4th Friday of each month) at the Mission Annex on 4th & Day Streets.
- Gonzales Community Church Clothing Closet is open Tuesday-Thursday from 3PM to 5PM at the Mission Annex located on 4th and Day Streets.
Gonzales Community News
- South County Animal Rescue will be hosting a Canine/ Feline Vaccination Clinic on Saturday November 20th @ the Vosti Center located on 107 Centennial Drive from 9:00AM-12:00PM.
- City Hall will be closed from Nov 25-Nov 28and will resume regular business hours Nov 29.
- Gonzales will be hosting a Reuse, Recycle, & Cleanup Day on Saturday November, 13 for Gonzales Residents, at Fairview Middle School from 8:00 AM-2:00 PM
- Examples of items that will be accepted: Electronics, TVs, Computers, Metal Appliances, etc.
- We need your help in shaping our new Community Complex Center. Please fill out the survey below to share your input! https://surveyhero.com/c/GONZALESCOMMUNITYCENTER
- The Gonzales Police Department is still looking for a police officer. If interested, click here for the application and additional information!
- GUSD is hiring for the following positions:
- Director Systems & Data Management
- Social Worker
- Adult Education Instructor
- Campus Supervisor
- Math Teacher
- RSP Teacher
- Saturday Teacher
- Science Teacher
- Independent Study Teacher
- Teacher on Special Assignments Academic Coach
- Substitute Teacher
HOW TO APPLY: Current employee applicants should file a letter of interest. First time employee applicants should fill out Classified Employment Application form available on our website www.gonzalesusc.net or at the District Office. You can apply on EDJOIN.ORG. For additional questions you may call: 831-675-0100
Wishing you a great rest of your week!