Important information for this week
- Food—Gonzales Community Presbyterian Church Food Pantry location: Community Church Education Building at 4th and Day Streets.
- Clothing—While the Community Church Clothing Closet is temporarily closed. Persons needing an emergency delivery of clothing can call 831-596-6315.
- Shelter—Homeowners: During the declared state-of-emergency, many mortgage companies and banks are offering temporary help with managing your mortgage payments. Read more here Renters: Governor Newsom has signed an Executive Order that gives renters certain protections from eviction during the state of emergency. Read it here.
- Energy—PG&E is providing additional support for customers experiencing hardships as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. They have placed a moratorium on service disconnections for non-payment until further notice. Learn more here
- Staying connected—The City of Gonzales continues to offer FREE WiFi hotspots and two years of FREE service at drive-through events for Gonzales residents. (See slide for dates, times, and documents to bring)
- Safety—Stay at Home! If you do not work in an essential job, stay at home. This is the best thing you can do to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Do not put yourself at risk of being a burden to our overtaxed medical system by exposing yourself to the virus. See our slide on understanding the stay-at-home order. Social distancing does not mean social isolation.
- Education—The Monterey County Office of Education has announced that students will not be able to return to school for the remainder of the 2019/2020 school year. This does not mean that school is over for the year. Keep in contact with your child’s school and teachers for instructions on how to continue their education for the remainder of the school year.
- Community—Your city leaders and city staff need input from you! We need to know what are your pressing needs. We need to know what questions you have so that we can get important information to the community. We need to understand how you are doing. Please send us an email at COVID19@ci.gonzales.ca.us with questions, comments, concerns, and anything you want to share. We want to hear from you!
- Recreation & Community Activities—Please note that all community playgrounds, exercise and play structures are closed at this time. Our recreation department has a calendar of activities and digital resources they are providing while assisting you in keeping up with social distancing guidelines. You can find the information at this link.
- Census 2020—Please complete a Census 2020 survey for your household. You can do it online, by mail, and by telephone in over 13 languages. If you did not receive an invitation to respond to the Census, you can still submit a survey for your household by going to the Census website here. It is important to the community of Gonzales that EVERY person in Gonzales is counted.