Highlights for this week
COVID-19/ Vaccine Updates
- UC Berkeley professor, Brenda Eskenazi, is conducting a study to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the Salinas Valley. To participate, go to the Gonzales Rx Pharmacy between 2pm and 6pm!
- Children 12 and up are now eligible to receive their vaccines! Stop by the Gonzales Pharmacy or schedule yours today by calling 831-290-0044, or 831-272-4181 for Spanish speakers.
- Covid Testing every Wednesday at the Gonzales Rx Pharmacy from 2pm-6pm, located at 18 4th St.
- Walk-ins for vaccinations are welcome
- Visit this site www.mcvaccinate.com to find out about appointments or call 831-233-3447.
- LOCAL COMMUNITY HEALTH PROVIDERS: If you are interested in volunteering to administer COVID-19 vaccines, register/applyhere.
- If you are quarantined and in need of food and other resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-290-0044, or 831-272-4181
Gonzales Youth Council
- On July 19th, the City Council recognized former Youth Commissioners Magaly Santos and Aidan Cervantes, as well as the 2020-2021 Gonzales Youth Council. The new Youth Commissioners, Autumn Escobedo and Sherlyn Flores, were also announced! To view the meeting, click this link.
- Applications to join the Gonzales Youth Council are now OPEN! Youth grades 8-12 can complete the application by clicking this link. The deadline to apply is August 26th.
Summer Rec Programs
- Summer Camp Registration Information: If you have questions, please email Sara Papineau at email@example.com or Isabel Navarro at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please register online atwww.teamsideline.com/gonzales
- The Food Bank for Monterey County hosts food distributions every Thursday from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at Saint Theodore’s Church.
- Gonzales Community Food Pantry will be hosting a food distributionat 10AM on Friday (every 3rd and 4th of each month)at the Mission Annex on 4th & Day Streets.
- Gonzales Community Church Clothing Closet is open Tuesday-Thursday from 3PM to 5PMat the Mission Annex located on 4th and Day Streets.
- The Gonzales Police Department is still looking for a police officer. If interested, clickhere for the application and additional information!