Commissions & Committees
Gonzales is governed by the City Council. The City Council appoints advisory committees and commissions to assist with decisions. You can find the current committees and their members listed below.
The City Council is accepting applications from interested parties for two (1) open seat to serve for a two (2) year term on the Gonzales Quality of Life Temporary Transactions and Use Tax (TUT) Oversight Committee. The purpose of the Committee is to promote transparency and provide advisory recommendations on the annual spending plan for Measure K revenues to the City Council.
Click on the link below to access the application. Please speak for your community!
The Advisory Committee advises on the use and budget for the TUT.
- Lorraine Worthy – Vice-Chair
- Anna Mae Gazo – Member
- Candice McFarland – Member
- Scott Funk – Council Member
- Kathie Cain – Member
- Irma Mendez – Member
- Vacant Position (Apply Now)
The City & School Joint Steering Committee finds ways and means to coordinate efforts to improve Gonzales success.
- Maria Orozco, Mayor
- Scott Funk, Mayor Pro-Tem
- Rene Mendez, City Manager
- Sonia Jaramillo, School Board Member
- Jose Lopez, School Board Member
- Yvette Irvin, Superintendent
The Gonzales Oversight Committee for the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency monitors the successor agency to the RDA.
- Chris Lopez, Chair
- Matt Gourley, Vice Chair
- Scott Funk, Member
- Rene Mendez, Member
- Jayanti Addleman, Member
- Colleen Stanley, Member
- Benjamin Figueroa, Member
The Gonzales Planning Commission advises the City Council on land uses and it meets on the second Monday of each month at 6:00 P.M. Although the Commission Chair and City Staff will be in the City Council Chambers for meetings, during the era of the pandemic most people will opt to participate remotely.
- Tim Jackson – Chairperson
- Gloria Velasquez – Chair Pro Tem
- Ernesto Mancera – Commissioner
- Johnathan Bohorquez – Commissioner
- Myrna Morales - Commissioner
The Gonzales Recreation Commission advises on recreation and parks.
- Liz Funk – Chairperson
- Connie Arellano – Vice-Chair
- Carlos Vargas – Commissioner
- Celeste Daniel – Commissioner
- Luis E Vargas – Commissioner
The Gonzales Youth Council advises with a youth perspective on all issues.
Meets every other Wednesday of the month.
- Magaly Santos – Commissioner
- Aidan Cervantes – Commissioner