Commissions & Committees
Gonzales is governed by the City Council. The City Council appoints advisory committees and commissions to assist with decisions. You can find the current committees and their members listed below.
The Advisory Committee advises on the use and budget for the TUT.
- Gary Robinson – Chairperson
- Lorraine Worthy – Vice Chairperson
- Anna Mae Gazo – Member
- Candice McFarland – Member
- Sandro Camacho – Member
- Liz Silva – Mayor Pro Tem
- Scott Funk – Council Member
The City & School Joint Steering Committee finds ways and means to coordinate efforts to improve Gonzales success.
- Maria Orozco, Mayor
- Scott Funk, Mayor Pro-Tem
- Rene Mendez, City Manager
- Sonia Jaramillo, School Board Member
- Jose Lopez, School Board Member
- Yvette Irvin, Superintendent
The Gonzales Oversight Committee for the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency monitors the successor agency to the RDA.
- Chris Lopez, Chair
- Matt Gourley, Vice Chair
- Scott Funk, Member
- Rene Mendez, Member
- Jayanti Addleman, Member
- Colleen Stanley, Member
- Benjamin Figueroa, Member
The Gonzales Planning Commission advises the City Council on land uses.
It meets on the second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Chambers.
- Jose Rios – Chairperson
- Gloria Velasquez – Chair Pro Tem
- Tim Jackson – Commissioner
- Johnathan Bohorquez – Commissioner
- Ceasar Ayon – Commissioner
The Gonzales Recreation Commission advises on recreation and parks.
- Liz Funk – Chairperson
- Connie Arellano – Vice-Chair
- Carlos Vargas – Commissioner
- Celeste Daniel – Commissioner
- Luis E Vargas – Commissioner
The Gonzales Youth Council advises with a youth perspective on all issues.
Meets first and third Mondays, 3:30-5:30 Chambers
- Nayeli Gomez – Commissioner
- Cindy Aguilar – Commissioner