City of Gonzales Recreation Department
The City of Gonzales Recreation Department offers a variety of seasonal and year round activities for Gonzales residents of all ages. The Gonzales Community Pool is open for youth, family and adult swim activities during the summer months while community parks, the skate park, and the Centennial Sports Park are open throughout the year. Recreational programs include summer classes, youth day-camps and day-trip outings, youth basketball, tennis, soccer, swim lessons, and the Gonzales Stingray Swim Team.
Monterey County Free Library
The Gonzales branch of the Monterey County Free Libraries is located in the Gonzales Shopping Center at 851 Fifth Street. The library provides books, computer access, digital book lending, story times, summer youth reading programs and homework assistance programs.
Gonzales Police Department Explorers
The Gonzales Police Department Explorers provides young Gonzales residents with an opportunity to learn about a career in law enforcement. The program, in association with the Boy Scouts of America, allows explorers to shadow Gonzales Police Officers and participate in daily office tasks. Any youth in eighth grade or older can apply at the police station.
Youth Organizations and Contact Information:
- Gonzales 4-H: Christina Kaupp at (831) 320-8400 or Jason Muscio at (831) 262-5711
- Ballet Folklorico Con Mexico en la Sangre: Martha Mendez at (831) 675-2276
- Boy Scouts: Santa Lucia District, Scott Funk, (831) 422-5338
- Girl Scouts of America: Anna Greenberg, (831) 601-5923
- Gonzales Girls Softball: Carlos Sandoval, (831) 240-9469
- Little League Baseball: Jeff Rianda, (831) 675-2376
- Pop Warner Football: Israel Morales, (831) 675-9426
- Youth Cheerleading: Cory Balli, (831) 240-1528