KICK Kiosk Wk of 10/25/2021
Dear Gonzales community,
If you are looking for something to do to kick off Halloween weekend join us at the free movie night at Centennial Park, this coming Saturday, October 30th. Lawn area is limited and will be available on a first come, first serve basis or you can watch from the comfort of your car. There will be two movie screenings, starting with Hotel Transylvania followed by When a Stranger Calls. To register or for more information visitwww.teamsideline.com/gonzales.
COVID-19/ Vaccine Updates
- Children 12 and up are now eligible to receive their vaccines! Stop by the Gonzales Pharmacy or schedule yours today by calling 831-290-0039 for English and Spanish speakers.
- Covid Testing Is Now Available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2-5:30PM at St. Theodore's Church. For more information please call 831-290-0039 between the hours of 8AM and 5PM.
- Visit this site www.mcvaccinate.com to find out about appointments or call 831-233-3447.
- If you are quarantined and in need of food and other resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-290-0044, or 831-272-4181.
- The Food Bank for Monterey County hosts food distributions every 3rd Thursday from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at Saint Theodore’s Church.
- Gonzales Community Food Pantry will be hosting a food distribution at 9AM on Friday (every 3rd and 4th Friday of each month) at the Mission Annex on 4th & Day Streets.
- Gonzales Community Church Clothing Closet is open Tuesday-Thursday from 3PM to 5PM at the Mission Annex located on 4th and Day Streets.
Gonzales Community News
- Gonzales will be hosting a Reuse, Recycle, & Cleanup Day on Saturday November, 13 for Gonzales Residents, at Fairview Middle School from 8:00 AM-2:00 PM
- Examples of items that will be accepted: Electronics, TVs, Computers, Metal Appliances, etc.
- Our partners will be hosting another Bike and Walk to school day- join at Central Park on October 26. Be there by 7:30 to participate.
- We will be hosting a FREE Halloween Movie Night on Saturday October, 30 at Centennial Park. Goodie bags will be included with each ticket. There is limited lawn area available or watch from the comfort of your car.
- To Register you can log on to: www. teamsideline.com/gonzales or call 675-5000
- Hotel Transylvania (PG) 7:00-8:30 PM
- When a Stranger Calls (PG 13) 9:00-10:30 PM
- We need your help in shaping our new Community Complex Center. Please fill out the survey below to share your input! https://surveyhero.com/c/GONZALESCOMMUNITYCENTER
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is on 10/23/2021- The Gonzales Police Department will be accepting all unused/ expired prescription drugs.
- Prescription drugs can be dropped off at the Gonzales Police Department on 109 Fourth St. on October 23, 2021 from 10:00AM-2:00PM.
- The Gonzales Police Department is still looking for a police officer. If interested, click here for the application and additional information!
- GUSD is hiring for the following positions:
- Director Systems & Data Management
- Social Worker
- Adult Education Instructor
- Campus Supervisor
- Math Teacher
- RSP Teacher
- Saturday Teacher
- Science Teacher
- Independent Study Teacher
- Teacher on Special Assignments Academic Coach
- Substitute Teacher
HOW TO APPLY: Current employee applicants should file a letter of interest. First time employee applicants should fill out Classified Employment Application form available on our website www.gonzalesusc.net or at the District Office. You can apply on EDJOIN.ORG. For additional questions you may call: 831-675-0100
Wishing you a great rest of your week!