KICK Kiosk Wk of 03/01/2021
Highlights for this week
- Independent Transportation Network Monterey County is offering free rides for those 65 years and older, to their vaccine appointments! Visit this site www.mcvaccinate.comto find out about appointmentsorcall 831-233-3447.
- LOCAL COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICIALS: If you are interested in volunteering to administer COVID-19 vaccines, register/apply here.
- If you are quarantined and in need of food and other resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-675-5000
- The City of Gonzales, the Gonzales Youth Council will be hosting a USDA Family Food Box Distribution on Monday, March 8th from 3PM to 5PM, or until supplies last. The distribution will take place at Centennial Park driveway.
- Cypress Church hosts fresh produce distributions every Tuesday at 107 Centennial Drive at 10:30AM.(Supplies are limited to the first 100 people.)
- The Food Bank for Monterey County hosts food distributions every Thursday from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at Saint Theodore’s Church.
- Gonzales Community Church Clothing Closet is open Monday-Thursday from 3:30PM to 5PMat the Community Church Education Building located on 4th and Day Streets.
- 2019 Gonzales High School graduate, Pablo Villaseñor, has recently received a Division 1 Scholarship to San Jose State University! Click here to read about his story!
- The City of Gonzales was recognized for our sustainability initiatives! Click here to read the article!
- The City of Gonzalesreceived a national award from the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) and a $15,000 grant to develop a new program, the Healthy Gonzales Initiative. The Healthy Gonzales Initiative will help our youth get healthy and help contribute to the prevention of childhood obesity.
The Gonzales Police Department is still looking for a police officer. If interested, click here for the application and additional information!