KICK Kiosk Wk of 02/14/2022
Dear Gonzales community,
With the collaboration of Salinas Valley Recycles, we now have compost bins available! The implementation of this program helps turn our food scraps into compost that can enrich soil on our farms and in our home gardens while keeping waste out of the landfill. If you haven’t picked yours up yet, and are interested in receiving one, stop by City Hall to pick one up.
Highlights for this week
COVID-19/ Vaccine Updates
- Gonzales RX Pharmacy is still accepting walk-ins for, both, COVID boosters and vaccines. Monday-Friday from: 9AM-5:15 PM and Saturdays from 9AM-12PM.
- CHW will be having Testing on Monday's, Wednesday’s and Friday’s from 2PM-while supplies last. For any additional questions , please call 831-290-0039
- Visit this site www.mcvaccinate.com to find out about appointments or call 831-233-3447.
- Just a reminder: Every home in the U.S is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free, orders will usually ship between 7-12 days.
- To order your tests log on to:COVIDtests.gov OR by calling 1-800-232-0233 to obtain information in english and spanish.
- The Food Bank for Monterey County hosts food distributions every 3rd Thursday from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at Saint Theodore’s Church.
- Gonzales Community Food Pantry will be hosting a food distribution at 9AM on Friday (every 3rd and 4th Friday of each month) at the Mission Annex on 4th & Day Streets.
- The Celebration Nation Foundation will be hosting a food distribution and will have baby supplies available on Feb. 20, 2022 from 12pm-2pm at Fairview Middle School located at 401 4th St.
- Gonzales Community Church Clothing Closet is open Tuesday-Thursday from 3PM to 5PM at the Mission Annex located on 4th and Day Streets.
Gonzales Community News
- Save the Dates for the 75th Anniversary Celebrations
- April 2nd: Celebrating Gonzales with a Car Show, Music and Food Trucks along Fourth ST.
- July 4th: 7.5 Walk/Run, Music, and Fun at Central Park along with Fourth of July Celebration
- October 15: Coming Home Jubilee
and much, much, more!
- The GUSD is hiring for multiple positions. For current employees that are interested they should file a letter of interest. First time employee applicants should fill out a classified employment application available on their website: www.gonzales.k12.ca.us or at EDJOIN.org. For any additional questions you may call 831-675-0100
- The Gonzales Police Department is still looking for a police officer. If interested, clickhere for the application and additional information!
- https://gonzalesca.gov/ > Services > Human Resources > Job Opportunities
Wishing you a great rest of your week!