KICK Kiosk Wk of 01/20/2020
Highlights for this week
- City of Gonzales No School Day Camp: Register now for February 10 & February 14 camp days at Gonzales City Hall.
- Friends, Family & Neighbors' Playgroups: Next meeting February 5, 2020, 10 AM to 12 PM at La Paz Migrant & Seasonal Head Start Center (Fifth Street, Building F).
- Support Group for Parents of Children with Developmental Disabilities: Next Meeting: February 7, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Location: Fairview Middle School Parent Resource Center C (401 Fourth Street, Gonzales).
- Gonzales Adult School is now enrolling students for Winter/Spring semester: You may enroll at any time! Students MUST register at the Alternative Education Center (650 Elko Street, Gonzales)
- Office hours are: Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Wednesdays & Thursdays, 11:00 AM -8:00 PM
- For more information call 831-675-1081 or visit their website here
- Sign up now for Gonzales Little League Baseball
- Call or Email for Current Registration Dates & Questions:Preguntas: Fidel Gudino 831-595-6690 Gonzales_LittleLeague@yahoo.com
- Be a 2020 Poll Worker! Contact Monterey County Elections at 831-796-1485 to sign up to serve as a poll worker for the March 3, 2020 election. Stipend available. See slide for details. Bilingual workers who speak Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Korean are needed.
- Census 2020 Workers are Needed! You can apply online here to be a census taker or call 1-855-JOB-2020 for more information. Great pay, flexible hours, weekly pay, and paid training.
- Attend the CASA of Monterey County information session to learn about becoming a Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children. You can help an abused or neglected child in foster care. Monday, January 27, 2020, at the Mechanic's Bank Conference Room (400 Alta Street, Gonzales). For more information visit their website.
- Register NOW for the Youth Mental Health First Aid Training (in English). Reduce the stigma associated with mental illness; Learn basic skills needed to identify the signs and symptoms of mental illness; Learn how to best support Youth experiencing the signs and symptoms of mental illness. Deadline to reserve your space is February 3: Contact Odisea Hernández at 831-675-1081 X2649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer to help low-income senior citizens prepare their taxes with the Alliance on Aging. You can learn more here. The Income Tax Counseling Program has been serving clients since 1980. Their IRS-certified staff and volunteers operate the program between February 1 and April 15 each tax season and help clients with “off-season” inquiries and tax issues. For more information call Sarah Guzman 831-655-4242.