A permit is needed for all work on natural gas piping. Pacific Gas and Electric Company must turn off the gas meter for any gas piping work. It is very important to your safety that your gas pipes do not leak and will not leak in the future. 


Call city hall at (831) 675-5000 for a plumbing permit. 

Call PG&E at (800) 743-5000 to turn off your gas meter temporarily during repairs.
They require an inspection tag before turning back on.
You are not allowed to turn your own gas meter on or off by yourself.